Stuff I’ve done / doing:
- founded MediaSnackers (a term I coined early 2004/5′ish) which worked with a vast variety of clients until ‘paused’ in 2011
- advised plus developed and delivered training for a wide range of folks, from The Gates Foundation, UNICEF, BBC, Welsh Assembly etc
- become an established keynote speaker (examples)
- authored Zen And The Heart Of Social Media (free for a tweet)
- produced nearly 200 people via podcasts and vodcasts
- been a double TEDxer, and currently hold the license to run TEDxTeAro in Wellington, NZ
- been a Social Media Manager for national organisation, CORE Education
- worked in local government and was the UK’s first and only (at that time), Corporate Youth Officer… oooh!
- been running my own business(es) since 2004.
Currently based in the coolest capital in the world, work part-time at the best service design agency in the Southern Hemisphere and super-active in the global playground that is the web. Love to travel although am a terrible tourist (prefer people to places), a total generalist (if it’s a good idea I don’t care where it’s from) and can move my eyebrows independently of each other (what can you do?).
Am the type of guy who says stuff like the following and gets goosebumps:
…become a bonfire and dare the world to put you out!
And thinks stuff like:
…why don’t you ever see “opinions expressed here do not reflect the views of our employees” on corporate sites?
Yes, DK is my (legal) name.