The fundamentals (of social media).
It was a pure privilege to speak at the Social Media Club Wellington this week.
As a reflection of where I am, transitioning out of the social media specific career, the talk focussed on the idea of getting back to basics.
Here are the links to the stuff featured:
- FUNDAMENTALS—the zen book
- BEST—opening with the great Pirsig quote about it’s not what’s new but what’s best that matters, plus stuff here about how Quora didn’t live up to the hype and why Pinterest is not that new
- SHOW—the chapter, image credit
- OUTCOMES—the chapter and a great quote from Churchill
- EXPERTS—the chapter and the power of podcasting
- SIDEWAYS—the chapter and this crazy ass Google Translate video
- HOW—the chapter, Martini media and Mobile Vouchers idea
- PROCESS—the chapter and Moleskine Pen Holder
- BANDWIDTH—the chapter, image credit and KLM Surprise video
- FULCRUM—image credit, my Ignite talk on Change and new look on the map of the world
I’m available for hire if you liked what you saw / heard.