Keynote is Powerpoints funkier and far more slicker younger brother.
Been an avid fanboy of this fantastic application since switching to a Mac (nearly ten years) and thought I’d share the other ways I’ve used this uber-versatile presentation software:
- Video Vignetting—take one .png file and apply it over a video on a slide, export presentation as movie and hey presto, instant vignetting;
- Movie credit former—craft all your opening and closing movie credits with the great animation text effects plus some images / video underneath if that’s how you roll (again, once finished just export as movie and import into your editing software)
- Animation creator—create awesome little animations like this and this and this;
- Pie charts / bar graphs maker—create amazing 3D stats with the inbuilt chart maker;
- Advert / flyer / poster / desktop image tool—a simpler version that Photoshop (I created this infographic in Keynote);
- Resizer / repositioner / recutter of images—make things bigger, smaller, overlapping, cut things out etc with the in-built image editor;
- Design sites / applications—due to it’s simple interface designers are starting to use it to wireframe their websites plus others are exploring it application / programme design as well;
So what about you? How do you use yours?