I’m driven to enable people find and have voice.
Always keen for courageous collaborations, travel more and learn how to add value to the world.
- coach leaders (1-2-1 & teams) in honing powerful spoken stories plus deliver internal leadership masterclasses in ‘purposeful storytelling’ (foundation and advanced learning experiences available)
- busy promoting a 75mins / 10 chapter video course to radically increase your online storytelling & presenting skills: ‘Presenting Engagingly Online‘
- craft delicious learning experiences on a scale of 10 to 1,000 attendees for a cross-sector list of nice clients (plus do in-studio content creations like this)
- authored Speaking With Purpose: A guide to delivering impressive presentations! Ebook & Audiobook Bundle (inspired by my recent TEDxNelson talk)
- producing a beautifully unique podcast, Creative Welly, courageous conversations with bold humans
- crafting the fourth Creative Leadership NZ conference (in deep pause)
- blogging since 2001, and have been audio podcasting since 2006, video podcasting since 2007 plus tweeting since April 2007
- interested in designing wisdom (coming maybe soon)
- spent nearly a decade working pro-bono as license-holder of TEDxWellington (known globally for it’s bold delegate experiences) & mentored other TEDx’s starting up in NZ
- did a 14month stint as Activation Manager establishing Collider, a city-wide programme (delivering nearly 200 events with over 5000 attendees averaging quality rating of 4.2 and above (out of 5))
- authored Zen And The Heart Of Social Media
- four years as a mentor for Culture Hive Marketing Academy
- spoken at four TEDx’s (Nelson, York, Cardiff, Amsterdam)
- produced over 200 podcasts (before it was cool)
- created award-winning The Web Makes Me Feel project
- founded MediaSnackers (a leading training and consulting agency from 2006-2011)
- spoken and advised on five continents regarding digital strategies for folks like The Gates Foundation, UNICEF, BBC, Ubisoft, Welsh Assembly, Hasbro, global city developer IBI Group etc
- founded CEO and executive-level mentoring firm, Social Media For Suits (‘paused’ in 2011 along with MediaSnackers)
- been a Social Media Manager for national education organisation, CORE Education
- worked in various levels of local government and was the UK’s first & only (at that time), Corporate Youth Officer… oooh!
Diva speaking / masterclass requirements:
– Don’t do panels / speak for free (unless it’s a wholly run volunteer initiative) / participate in events with no gender / cultural balance.
– Presentations / masterclasses are delivered via Keynote (I can bring MacBook and have a HDMI converter plus bluetooth clicker), just need a high fidelity projector in dark room (or capability to control the lighting as to not ‘wash-out’ the presentation) or large screen TV with speakers (as there will be video clips shown).
– A lapel mic is preferred (if a big room / lots of humans) or hand held mic, as don’t do lecterns.
– Am gluten / dairy / (processed) sugar / (hot) spice free.
Thanks and appreciate your time on this, happy to chat to provide clarity.