I’m driven to enable people find and have voice.
Always keen to collaborate with brave souls, travel more and learn how to add value to the world.
- coach leaders (1-2-1 & teams) in honing powerful spoken stories plus deliver masterclasses in ‘purposeful storytelling’
- busy promoting a 75mins / 10 chapter video course to radically increase your online storytelling & presenting skills: ‘Presenting Engagingly Online‘
produce in-person delicious learning experiences on a scale of 10 to 1,000 attendees for a cross-sector list of nice clients(paused due to pandemic although now do in-studio content creation like this)
- producing my tiny, beautiful and superbly unique passion project Creative Welly, courageous conversations with bold humans
- crafting the fourth Creative Leadership NZ conference (again in deep pause so looking likely for end of 2023)
- been blogging since 2001, audio podcasting since 2006, video podcasting since 2007 & tweeting since April 2007
- interested in designing wisdom (coming maybe soon)
- spent nearly a decade working pro-bono as license-holder of TEDxWellington (known globally for it’s bold delegate experiences) & mentored other TEDx’s starting up
- did a 14month stint as Activation Manager establishing Collider, a city-wide programme (delivering nearly 200 events with over 5000 attendees averaging quality rating of 4.2 and above (out of 5))
- authored Zen And The Heart Of Social Media
- spent four years as a mentor for the Culture Hive Marketing Academy
- produced over 200 podcasts (before it was cool)
- created award-winning The Web Makes Me Feel project
- founded MediaSnackers (a leading training and consulting agency from 2006-2011)
- spoken and advised on five continents regarding digital strategies for folks like The Gates Foundation, UNICEF, BBC, Ubisoft, Welsh Assembly, Hasbro, global city developer IBI Group etc
- founded CEO and executive-level mentoring firm, Social Media For Suits (‘paused’ in 2011 along with MediaSnackers)
- been a Social Media Manager for national education organisation, CORE Education
- worked in various levels of local government and was the UK’s first & only (at that time), Corporate Youth Officer… oooh!
Diva speaking / masterclass requirements: Don’t do panels, speak for free (unless it’s a wholly run volunteer initiative) or participate if no gender balance. Presentations are delivered via Keynote (will bring MacBook Pro and have a HDMI converter) so need a high fidelity projector or large screen TV with speakers (as there will be video clips shown). A lapel mic is preferred (if a big room / lots of humans) or hand held mic, as don’t do lecterns. Have own bluetooth clicker and am gluten / dairy / sugar / spice free. Thanks.