After 11 episodes with 22 impressive humans covering nearly 18 hours of conversations, has it been worth it?
The calibre of guests and their subsequent discussions has been impressive (see below). It’s been such a joy to bring together interesting souls who don’t know each other to explore connections and insights. It certainly celebrating the talent we have in the capital and have learned so much from the discussions.
As an a side, very aware of the positive relationships formed as well as the community being built up through the alums.
Creative Welly is an advertising / sponsor free project and the biggest cost is the time for all involved. It takes a whole day to set up then record two episodes. Then there’s the video editing, reviewing, blog post creation, audio production, uploading all content, distribution etc. I pay for the Vimeo Plus account and a few episodes in switched from the paid audio podcast hosting of Libsyn to the free Anchor platform.
In terms of how many views and / or listens, don’t know. Haven’t looked. This is the deficit in the plan as don’t have the time to promote and upload across multiple platforms, although, to be very honest, this is both not the reason to start this (but totally appreciate for many this is the validating factor).
From a production perspective, there is nothing like this out there. It’s exhilarating to see the result of my vision to craft something unique in the long-form video podcast format space come to fruition.
That being said, the focus next year will be:
- hone the format: amplify the ‘courageous’ bit of the conversations;
- promotional collateral: before posting live and during review create some shorter form content for cross-platform promotion (Linkedin / Twitter / blog content etc.);
- 2021 list: continue to curate and focus on revealing the wonderful talent the city (and those passing through) has to offer.
So if you’re not subscribed here’s a quick run down on who you’re missing out on:
1. Jessica Manins, Co-Founder & CEO, Beyond & Sarb Johal, Clinical Psychologist and Youtube Creator
2. Olie Body, Social Entrepreneur & Executive Menstruator & Ged Finch, X-frame
3. Raqi Syed, Digital Artist & Gabe Davidson, Cocoa Bean Hunter
4. Sandy Gildea, Executive Director, Screen Producers NZ & Jase Te Patu, Founder of M3 Mindfulness for children, Co-owner Awhi Yoga and Wellbeing
5. Hīria Te Rangi, Kaiwhakahaere o Whare Hauora & Guled Mire, Community Advocate & Co-founder, Third Culture Minds
6. Haritina Mogoșanu, Astrobiologist and Space Science Communicator & Gareth Parry, Creating spaces for people to work together, Partner at PwC New Zealand
7. Pia Steiner, Senior Advisor Organisational Development at Ministry of Justice & Thomas van Raamsdonk, Irritator and Inspirer. Building performance geek. GM for Pro Clima in Australia & New Zealand
8. Lindy Nelson, Founded AWDTNZ and AmplyfyingUs: a Podcast in service to the mission & Clive Spink, Chief Executive Pūkeko Pictures
9. Janelle (Jay) Fenwick, Founder – Teulo CPD Education Platform & Tom Probert, Head of Marketing and Innovation – Powershop
10. Bron Thomson, Founder and CEO, Springload & Paul Atkins, Chief Executive, ZEALANDIA
11. Elizabeth McNaughton – Cofounder and Director of Hummingly & Rohan Wakefield – CEO & Cofounder at Enspiral Dev Academy
A cacophony of thanks, not only to the guests for sharing their generous times, stories and insights, but also deep appreciation to Alex at Xequals for hosting us, plus Jono from Empire Films for producing the superb and unique final videos.
If you’re a viewer / listener please feel free to drop me a line or comment below with any ideas / suggestions for improvement I’m missing out on here, and please subscribe via Creative Welly if you haven’t already.