From the wonderful School Of Life
Five deliciously taunting lessons from Roman Krznaric on finding fulfilling work:
- 1. Confusion is perfectly normal—changing career (and the prospect of doing so) is utterly confusing due to the paradox of choice plus we’re naturally rick adverse—we have to move beyond this
- 2. Beware of personality tests—they simply don’t work
- 3. Be a wide achiever, not a high achiever—nurture the many sides of who we are to be a portfolio worker or a serial specialist
- 4. Find where your values and talent meet—therein lies in your vocation
- 5. Act first, reflect later—make time for change. The ‘plan and implement model’ is backwards. Branching projects or temporary assignments.
How did you find the job that fulfils you?