Check out Lydia Bates and her Sticky Date Rice Pudding recipe… why? I challenged her to make a pudding for someone like me (who doesn’t do wheat, dairy, refined sugar)—full back story on her blog post.
- Pudding rice (about 1oz per person)
- Rice milk (about 1/2 pint per person, and you could, of course, replace it with soya milk, or cows milk if you prefer)
- Coconut Cream (about 15g per person, or ‘a good squeeze’ out of one of the Pataks sachets)
- Tamarind Paste (1 teaspoon)
- Honey (2 teaspoons)
- And a handful of dates, chopped
- 1. First, soak the dates in some hot water for a couple of minutes, then drain the water away
- 2. Now combine all the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed, the rice is cooked and you are left with a pan of sticky gooey yummyness
Thank you Lydia, will definitely give it a try.