Habitat cultivates habit (UPDATE: video now blocked due to copyright infringement. Other versions are here)
The above video is a feast for the brain / heart and introduces the conditions for creativity:
- Space—obviously, both the physical and psychological
- Time—half of creating the oasis
- Time—to play with the problem and solving it with something original
- Confidence—to get things wrong
- Humour—getting us from the closed to the open mode/mindset in the quickest way possible
For me the most compelling idea in the whole presentation is that creativity is not an in-built-DNA-traceable-disposition.
It’s something which can be learned.
So, do the organisations / companies we create / work for foster the above conditions so creativity / innovation can blossom?