Reviewing the year and setting the sights on the new decade.
As I reflect, I keep coming back to the foundational values rather than put too much emphasis on the past or future:
Be kind. Embrace possibility. Be present.
Along with delivering thirteen speaker coaching sessions and seven masterclasses to the following good humans: Creative HQ, DIA, Hummingly, IRD, Kiwibank, Massey Uni, MBIE, NZQA, Pro-Clima, PWC, Sports NZ, UNICEF, Volpara and ACC, DIA, IBI Group, IRD, NZFE, Pro-Clima, TBIG.
There were two overseas trip:
- C2 Montréal 2019 | Unpacking An Experience with a delegation from NZ;
- Plus a return to the fatherland and which included visits to NYC, Philadelphia, Washington and Portland.
And as in recent years, my blogging efforts has again been modest:
- Creative Leadership NZ 2019 | Reflections & Insights
- The Process Of Remaining Innocent | Building Creative Literacies
- Data Dignity | Fixing The Interwebs
- CLNZ19 Update | We’re All Walking Each Other Home
- Greta Thunberg (Plus Harrison Ford) | The Voice(s) We Need
- TEDxWellington 2019 Review | A Chance Which Paid Off
- Creative Multiplications | One And One and One Equals Five
- “Make Your Soul Grow” | A Case For Making Art
- Strolling Through The Stars | The Impossible Magnitude Of Our Universe
- People Are Awesome | The Hope Generator That Is TEDx
- Imagine All The Leaders | Deep Fake It Till You Make It
- People Like Things | People Love Ideas
- Facebook Cofounder Chris Hughes On Why Facebook Is Broke | Applies To Instagram / WhatsApp Users Also
- How to Save Our Planet | Cultivating Diversity And Wildness
- Geographic Inflation | Maps Lie
- A Love Letter To Conservation | The Forest Caretaker
- One Breath Around The World | Floating In Wonder
- Something Wicked This Way Comes | Cinemagraphic Wonderment
- Plus the monthly digital breadcrumb series
So as the 20’s roll into view, am keen to develop more of the creative producing side and dial back the speaker coaching so there’s some parity in my analogue service offerings. Am also playing around with a new podcast series to further hone the craft of experience design.
What will your focus be in 2020 and beyond?